Saturday, June 7, 2008

Nostalgia

she remembers

though she would rather
not suffer that unbidden
apparition of sunlit mornings,
of a face that stood out
from the rest.
over and over again
she summons the evenings
draped in silence broken
only by the soft
cadence of footsteps
and a sudden hammering
of the heart that
could not be abated.

a peculiar sensation begins to stir.

she closes her eyes to drift
to sleep but in the darkness
she sees faces
and hears voices
and feels something
she doesn’t understand
but only makes her want
to roll over in a corner
and drench her pillow
in tears.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the word "unbidden" still works and probably still frightens me. There's this phase of my diurnal life where I feel like I'm obligated to read louhanni.blogspot.com from On Being Twenty One to Implosion with keen abandon. Don't thank me and any of that patronizing deference because it is a curse. You cursed me Lumay Sa Siquijor-style!

Where's my lawyer show me my lawyer!

Richard J.A. said...

"nothing is more addictive than the past" - Movie